How Veterans Can Get Assistance from the WAServes Network in 3 Easy Steps
- Asking for veterans’ assistance is as easy as 1-2-3 or calling 1-877-515-7848
- Providing basic information, email, and contact phone number for submitting your request for veterans services
- Selecting military affiliation, current status, and branch of service; and type of assistance needed
WAServes offers transitioning service members, veterans and their families access to a continuum of providers that runs the gamut from superior legal, housing and emergency service providers to employment, recreation and fitness, financial capabilities and more – all designed to provide those who serve, have served, and their families.
Military members, veterans, spouses, family member, or caregivers can request assistance from the WAServes Network. Veterans can easily request veterans’ assistance or veterans benefits without going through state or federal departments of Veterans Affairs.
For example, a Veteran with service-connected disabilities landed a job but needed financial assistance for required home office equipment. She contacted the WAServes network. A WAServes care coordinator managed her case, ensuring proper follow-up with several benefit sources and WAServes providers. The Lacey Veterans Services Hub’s Navigation Services arranged for the veteran’s home office equipment and the financial assistance for her utilities. The veteran also received private support with her work supplies.
Here’s how you can get assistance now by completing the WAServes online form, requesting veteran assistance from a comprehensive list of services. Asking for help is as easy as 1-2-3.
Step 1 – Add Your Basic Information with Email and Contact Phone Number
The first step in requesting assistance from WAServes is to add your first and last name; date of birth; phone number; and email address.
Step 2 – Select Your Military Affiliation
The second step in completing the online form is to pick your military affiliation, see image below for choices.
Once the military affiliation is selection, choose your current status from the following choices: Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve, Retiree, Veteran, or Prefer Not to Disclose. Branch of Service must also be selected.
Step 3 – Choose A Service You Are Seeking
Service members, veterans, and their family members may make select from 19 categories and numerous subcategories of services being sought. For a complete listing, see below.
- Benefits Navigation
- Benefits Eligibility Screening
- Health Insurance/Benefits
- ID/Documentation Assistance
- Immigration Services
- Clothing & Household Goods
- Food Assistance
- Housing & Shelter
- Income Support
- Emergency/One-time Financial Assistance
- SSI/SSD & Disability Benefits
- TANF/Cash Assistance Program
- Unemployment Insurance
- Veterans Pension & Disability Benefits
- Individual & Family Support
- Mental/Behavioral Health
- Behavior Skills Training & Support
- Conjoint Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Inpatient Mental Health
- Mental Health Evaluation
- Mental Health Information/Education
- Psychiatric Services
- Supportive Therapies
- Youth Mental Health Services
- Money Management
- Physical Health
- Chronic Disease Prevention & Management
- Dental Care
- Health Coaching
- Home Health Care
- Hospice & Palliative Care
- Long-Term Care (Facility-based)
- Medical Case Management Services
- Medical Equipment/Assistive Technology
- Medical Expense Assistance
- Primary Care
- Rehabilitative/Habilitative Services
- Screening & Immunizations
- Specialty Care
- Social Enrichment
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Sports & Recreation
- Substance Abuse
- Drug/Alcohol Testing
- Harm Reduction
- Substance Use Counseling
- Substance Use Expense Assistance
- Substance Use Recovery Support
- Substance Use Treatment
- Tobacco Cessation
- Alternative Medicine
- Health Literacy Classes
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Therapeutic Programs & Retreats
- Wellness Expense Assistance
After selecting specific service, type a description of the request for services, sign in the box, and click submit. Your request for services to be sent to a WAServes specialist who will pick up the request as soon as possible.
Next Steps – Get Assistance Today
Asking for veterans’ assistance from the WAServes network is as easy as 1-2-3 using our online form, click here to get help now.
You can also call 1-877-515-7848 if you prefer to talk to a WAServes specialist. If you are in crisis, please call the Veteran Crisis Line at 800-273-8255.